Monday, May 29, 2017

TOP TEN TUESDAY | Most Anticipated Reading in the Second Half of 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme for bloggers who like books and lists. It's awesome and is graciously hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  

This week's topic is "Top Ten Most Anticipated Books For The Second Half of 2017".  This usually refers to books that will be released in the next few months but that's not really how I read, so the list below is a mixed bag of upcoming releases, relatively recent releases that I'm particularly looking forward to, a couple of older books and one book that I really wish were being released this Fall.  I am excited about reading all of them in the next 6 months.

**********

1) Miss Kopp's Midnight Confessions (Kopp Sisters #3) by Amy Stewart

I'm obsessed with this historical mystery series that takes place in pre-1920 New York and is loosely based on the true life of America's first female Deputy Sheriff.  Constance Kopp and her sisters are the best.  I'm going to read the crap out of this one when it comes out in September!

2) Avatar The Last Airbender: North and South by Gene Luen Yang, Michael Dante DiMartino, Bryan Konietzko, Gurihiru (Illustrator)

I am a huge Avatar fan and loved this graphic novel series which continues Aang and the gang's adventures.  The collected volume of this newest installment should be out this Fall.

3) The rest of The Lymond Chronicles by Dorothy Dunnett

I am re-reading this historical fiction series in audio and I am loving them even more than the first time I read them in college.  I haven't even gotten to the really good parts yet!  So far I've read The Game of Kings and am in the middle of Queen's Play.
  
4) A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers #2)  by Becky Chambers

I recently read A Long Way to a Small Angry Planet and really loved it. Brilliant, found family Sci Fi. I will not be letting much time elapse before picking up this companion novel.

5) A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic #3) by V.E. Schwab 

I timed the reading of this trilogy just right, having finished book two a couple months ago.  Just in time for the concluding book to be available.  *pats self on back*

6) Career of Evil (Cormoran Strike #3) by Robert Galbraith

One thing I've learned this year?  I like when J.K. goes dark and gory and uses curse words.  I recently flew through the first two books of this mystery series and they were seriously top notch. Great mysteries and awesome characters.  I can tell this will be a series that will have me waiting impatiently for the next installment!

7) The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson

A YA title that I've been very intrigued by for a long time and I now own it in audio format so no excuse not to slurp it into the old noise intake holes this Summer!

8) Starfall (Starflight #2) by Melissa Landers

I put this one on here with trepidation.  I adored Starflight when I read it earlier this year but the verdict on Starfall seems to be a big NOPE.  This is from readers who also loved Starflight and the two issues brought up most frequently are big negatives for me as well.  So. Nervous. But hopeful.

9) A Perilous Undertaking (Veronica Speedwell #2) by Deanna Raybourn

I fell so hard for the first book in this historical mystery/adventure series.  Features two anthropologist/naturalist main characters. LOVE. Must read book two now!

**Books I am Disappointed I will not be reading in the second half of 2017**

10) Peace Talks (Dresden Files #16) by Jim Butcher

Where oh where is this book?? It's been in the works for a while.  We've had a title and an outline of the story for at least two years but there is no pub date on the horizon:(.  He's usually quite prolific and he has a general idea of how and when the series will end  (i.e. he's got a plan) so I wonder what writing obstacles he's hit with this one?  This one's supposed to focus on Molly and Molly kinda sucks (my opinion only)... so maybe that's it?

****************
Those are some books I will definitely be picking up with enthusiasm in the near future. Plus one book about which I will pout and complain about its tardiness.  What's on your super VIB (very important book) must-read-soon TBR list?

No comments:

Post a Comment