Saturday, December 17, 2016

Saturday in the Garden | Reading and Baking

OUTSIDE

Well, I've been avoiding the outdoors because it's been cold and snowy.  I also haven't yet done any garden planning but the itch to start that has started.

Instead of contemplating vegetables, I've been making cookies as the holiday season demands.  Today I made gingerbread owls, dinosaurs and bees.



WATCHING, READING and BLOGGING

Watching 

Mostly been reading this week.  Tonight I am indulging in my annual re-watch of The Vicar of Dibley which makes me laugh like a hyena and is a total comfort watch.

Reading 

Finished Since the Last Time I Posted

  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - Smoke and Shadow by Gene Luen Yang and Gurihiru:  The graphic novel continuation of my beloved Avatar The Last Airbender television series.  
  • Crime and Poetry by Amanda Flower:  A cozy mystery set in a magic bookshop in a charming New York Village minutes from Niagara Falls.  
  • Silence for the Dead by Simone St. James:  This was a cracking good time!  St. James is becoming my go to author for Post World War I era, Gothic, atmospheric, supernatural mystery romances.  
  • A Plain Disappearance (Appleseed Creek #3) by Amanda Flower:  I've strangely been obsessed with this mystery series in Amish country.  

Currently Reading:

Added to the TBR:

This is a list of books that I have added to my Goodreads TBR list this week.  It helps to burn the books I want to read a little more firmly into my mind, maybe get them on some other folks TBRs and gives me a chance to recognize a lot of the awesome bloggers that add stuff to my TBR!
  • Nothing this Week

On the BLOG LAST WEEK:

Nothing this week.  Not sure why.   I really hope to knock out a ton of reviews and some end-of-year lists in the next couple weeks but I'll need to get my motivated!


Stay Warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment