Saturday, October 22, 2016

The Readathon has begun! All Hail the Readathon!

7:43 a.m. here in the Midwest and I am deep into the mountains of the Outer Hebrides (The Chessmen by Peter May) and enjoying the sunrise lightening the world up.

My plan for the day is to (obviously) read, do some yard work (while listening to a couple of Audiobooks), post a beginning, middle and ending blog post and otherwise keep an eye on twitter!

START TIME:  7:00 a.m.
TIME SPENT READING: 30 minutes
BOOKS READ: None yet

7:48: 25 Pages into The Chessmen by Peter May (which takes place on the Outer Hebrides), and coffee being consumed.

Opening Meme:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Boone, IA in the U.S. Midwest. 
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
The Chessmen by Peter May I suppose as this mystery trilogy has been really fantastic. I'm also really excited about but also a little bit dreading reading the last couple volumes in the Fables Graphic Novel series by Bill Willingham.  Honestly, I am really looking forward to all the books I've got waiting for me!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Chips and Queso dip.  Not very exciting but it's not something I eat on a regular basis and I've got some sausage to add....
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
The house I live in was built in 1896 and it's right around the corner from where Mamie Eisenhower grew up. Ooooh, Ahhhh, you're starstruck now aren't you;).  It is also less than a block away from the town library.  I'm originally from Virginia and even after 12 years in the Upper Midwest I still loath winter here. When I'm not readathoning, I'm a wildlife biologist for the state Department of Natural Resources and a slave to two rescue golden retrievers.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I've participated in one other readathon and it was pretty great so I don't think I will make any massive changes.  I'm feeling a little stiff and sore this morning, so maybe take frequent breaks to stretch?
Books on my Stack:
  • The Chessmen by Peter May
  • Don't Hex With Texas by Shanna Swendsen
  • The Man with a Load of Mischief by Martha Grimes
  • Mulch by Ann Ripley
  • The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker (Audio)
  • Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury (Audio)
  • Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon, Dean and Nathan Hale
  • Calamity Jack by Shannon, Dean and Nathan Hale
  • Fables: Vol 21: Happily Ever After by Bill Willingham, Mark Buckingham, Steve Leialoha, Andrew Pepoy
  • Fables: Vol. 22: 150 Farewell by Bill Willingham, Mark Buckingham, and Steve Leialoha
  • Olympians: Zeus King of the Gods by George O'Connor
  • Serenity: Better Days and Other Stories by Joss Whedon, Brett Matthews, and Will Conrad
  • Serenity: The Shepherd's Tale by Joss Whedon, Zack Whedon, and Chris Samnee
Okay!  I better get back to reading now!  Hope everyone has a terrific day!

- Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment