Saturday, October 22, 2016

Read-A-Thon | Midpoint Check-in


I've been a bit distracted today so I don't feel like I have much progress to report on but I'm having a lovely day and that's what matters:).  

START TIME:  7:00 a.m.
CURRENT TIME: 7:00 p.m.
TIME SPENT READING: 406 minutes - 6 hours 46Minutes
BOOKS READ: Haven't finished anything yet. About 2/3rds through The Chessmen and on Chapter 6 of The Golem and the Jinni.  While I eat dinner I think I'll dive into a Graphic Novel so I have something to report!


Mid-event Survey

1. What are you reading right now?
Still working on the Chessmen and The Golem and the Jinni.  Am going to start reading the two Serenity Graphic Novels with dinner.
2. How many books have you read so far?
0
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Diving into the Graphic Novels below
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
As I said above, I've been a little distracted today.  When possible I've popped on my headphones and listened to an audio.  Mostly, I just haven't stressed about it too much.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How slow I read and how hard I find it to focus even if I am really enjoying the book.  I had this revelation last readathon but am once again being smacked upside the head by it.  It's a miracle I get as many books read as I do in a year!
Books on my Stack:
  • The Chessmen by Peter May
  • Don't Hex With Texas by Shanna Swendsen
  • The Man with a Load of Mischief by Martha Grimes
  • Mulch by Ann Ripley
  • The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker (Audio)
  • Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury (Audio)
  • Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon, Dean and Nathan Hale
  • Calamity Jack by Shannon, Dean and Nathan Hale
  • Fables: Vol 21: Happily Ever After by Bill Willingham, Mark Buckingham, Steve Leialoha, Andrew Pepoy
  • Fables: Vol. 22: 150 Farewell by Bill Willingham, Mark Buckingham, and Steve Leialoha
  • Olympians: Zeus King of the Gods by George O'Connor
  • Serenity: Better Days and Other Stories by Joss Whedon, Brett Matthews, and Will Conrad
  • Serenity: The Shepherd's Tale by Joss Whedon, Zack Whedon, and Chris Samnee
Okay!  I better get back to reading now!  Hope everyone is having a great time reading!!

- Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment