Saturday, May 14, 2016

Saturday in the Garden | TV Hangovers Lead to Reading Challenge Success

OUTSIDE

Daucus carota sativa came up! Also, Radishes.

Also my garlic is so lush and fantastic this year.  The warm spring must have agreed with them!


An update on Ms. Turtle.  See reminder picture below.
She has enjoyed a week of lording (ladying?) over my spare room, feasting on night crawlers, bananas and strawberries but she is on the way to a new home today.  A nature center in Southern Iowa is going to take her in and she will begin a new life teaching kiddos and others about how cool turtles are.  Wish her luck!

WATCHING, READING and BLOGGING

Watching 
I'm in the throes of an Arrow hangover so not watching much of anything.


Reading
Caught up with my goodreads challenge!  Now to keep up with it...

Finished Last Week:

  • Unnatural Death (Lord Peter Wimsey #3) by Dorothy L. Sayers: More Peter Wimsey!  Always a good thing though I could do without the healthy dose of anti-semitism.
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #4) by Rick Riordan: Wow, I can't believe I've almost completed this series and just how sad I am about that! 
  • The Raven King (The Raven Cycle #4) by Maggie Stiefvater:  I loved it but I will freely admit my love may be 100% about how much I love Ronan and Adam and have nothing to do with the story etc....

Currently Reading:

  • One Magic Square by Lolo Houbein: A gardening book about maximizing food production in a small space.  An ARC from Netgalley (though I think it's an older title).   
  • Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larson:  A non-fiction account about the sinking of the Lusitania.  I'm all about boats.  And disasters.
  • The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater:  Yup. Two Stiefvaters at once.  What of it? 

Added to the TBR:

This is a list of books that I have added to my Goodreads TBR list this week.  It helps to burn the books I want to read a little more firmly into my mind, maybe get them on some other folks TBRs and gives me a chance to recognize a lot of the awesome bloggers that add stuff to my TBR!

  • Starflight by Melissa Landers: Recommended to me directly by Selah from A Bibliophile's Style and it looks awesome.  She describes it as YA Sci Fi with Firefly feel and a slow burn romance.  Yes Please!


Blogging 

On the BLOG LAST WEEK:

No posting this week.  Blergh.

Well, this it's been an especially boring and thin week so I will leave you with a picture of my dog giving me the stank eye for no apparent reason.  Have a good week!



No comments:

Post a Comment