Monday, July 13, 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY | Last 10 Books That Moved Into My Home

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme for bloggers who like books and lists. It's awesome and is graciously hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

I really like the topic this week which is the Last Ten Books That Came Into My Possession (bought, library, review copies). I think folk's lists will be really really interesting.  Mine is certifiably insane - what kind of crazy reader am I??  I shouldn't be trusted with a credit card OR a library card.

***************

1) Doctor Who: Pest Control by Peter Anghelides

Source: Electronic Resource from Library
I like the Doctor Who books for some entertaining light reading and this one is read by the tenth Doctor himself David TennantPerfect to take along on vacation! This adventure involves the tenth Doctor and Donna. 

2) Changes by Jim Butcher

Source: Audio CDs from Library
This is book 12 in the Dresden File Series.  The audiobooks are read by Jim Marsters (Spike from BTVS) and are really excellent.

3) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

Source: Audio CDs from Library
I'm doing a re-read of the Harry Potter series in audiobook format.   This is what is currently playing in my car.  The American version, I'm afraid.  I like Jim Dale fine but would really like to experience the Stephen Fry British version.

4) The Walt Longmire Mystery Series Boxed Set Volumes 1-4 by Craig Johnson

Source: Bought for my Kindle from Amazon
I am currently very obsessed with the Longmire TV series and was desperate to get my hands on the books so I broke down and bought this boxed set, at full price no less!  It has so far been worth it as I very much enjoyed the first two books in the series.

5) Nice Dragons Finish Last by Rachel Aaron

Source: Bought for my Kindle from Amazon
This was a total impulse buy.  It was on sale, I had heard some good things about it and I really liked a book by Rachel Aaron's alter ego Rachel Bach.

6) Lets Pretend this Never Happened by Jenny Lawson

Source: It was my July credit purchase on my Audible.com Account
The Bloggess is awesome and hilarious and I've been meaning to read this for ages.



7) Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones

Source: EBook from Library
This is one of my favorite movies and I've always meant to read the book.  Now I have! Yay Me?

8) Nimona by Noelle Stevenson

Source: Hardback from Library
If you haven't yet heard of this totally adorable graphic novel about a young girl who becomes the sidekick to an evil villain, now you have!  It's a barrel of fun, clever and sweet.

9) Gunmetal Magic by Ilona Andrews

Source: It was my July credit on my Audible.com Account
This is book 5.5 in the Kate Daniels series which is really fantastic Urban Fantasy.  This intermediate book focuses on Kate's best friend Andrea and I didn't love it as much as Kate's books but it was still pretty good.

10) The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman

Source: This was a freebie or discounted book I got with my us of my June Audible.com credit.
This is an older cozy mystery title that I've been meaning to read.  Frankly the book description on goodreads reads like someone used a random word generator to create it but it still looks delightful and it's been recommended by a number of other bloggers I trust.

****************
That's it for me this week.  I look forward to see what everybody else has been acquiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment