Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Fall TBR

 

So this is my list of books I'm most hoping to read this autumn.  This was last week's topic for The Broke and the Bookish's Top Ten Tuesday meme.   You can find this week's topic here: Top Ten Tuesday Books that are Hard to Read. I did this topic last week because I like to be different.  Or I screwed up.  You can choose. 

I actually made some progress on my Spring and Summer TBRs but there are a couple of titles that are still languishing:

1)  The Pursuit of Love and Love in a Cold Climate by Nancy Mitford

  Goodreads says about these books:
"...satirize British aristocracy in the twenties and thirties through the amorous adventures of the Radletts, an exuberantly unconventional family..."

 2) Sabriel by Garth Nix

This is a perennial member of my TBR and I have excuses as to why I haven't yet read it but I'm sure no one wants to hear it.

I'm not usually very excited about jumping on new releases but there is one upcoming release I'm looking forward to:

)20613807

3) Whisper the Dead by Alyxandra Harvey

This is the second book in The Lovegrove Legacy.  Harvey is a serious guilty pleasure for me.  I read the first in this series this spring and loved it.  This is scheduled to be released October 7th.

Then there are a few from my 100 Books List, I'd like to tackle. 

4) The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson

This is a nice little creepy book perfect for Halloween I think! 

5) Howard's End by E.M. Forster

I've already started this classic English novel and think it will be a good one to curl up with and soak in.

6) Mister Slaughter by Robert McCammon

This is the third in Robert McCammon's Matthew Corbett mystery series, set in colonial America.  I have really enjoyed this series thus far and it is very halloween appropriate because McCammon has a sensibility that leans towards horror. 

7) The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson

I'm kind of on a Bryson kick at the moment and this is one of his that I own.  My father gave it to me for christmas some year's ago because I now live in Iowa and this is Bryson's memoir of growing up in Des Moines.

I think I am also going to join my first read-alongs  (thanks to Booked on a Feeling for making me aware of these)...

8) Something Wicked this Way Comes by Ray Bradbury

This one is hosted by You've Gotta Read This and Book Chatter.  This looks like the perfect October read and I really enjoy Ray Bradbury and haven't read hi nearly enough!!

45162
9) Fingersmith by Sarah Waters

Hosted by Literate Housewife.

I think 9 is all I want to commit to especially since this will likely not at all be what my reading looks like this fall:0).  It's a good plan though. What have you got on the fall reading pile?

No comments:

Post a Comment