Friday, January 10, 2014

Eclectic Reader Challenge

I am generally wary of challenges because of my fickle reading habits.  I am actually quite a planner by nature except for when it comes to a few things like books and food.  It is probably some massive lack of discipline due to a lack not enough chores as a kid or something.  But I digress. Because the point is I'm jealous because the challenges look like a bunch a fun.  So I searched the web for a full 10 minutes and came upon this little gem on the blog book'd out  It looks do-able with only twelve books (famous last words) and I do want to make sure I am constantly broadening my horizons. The objective of the challenge is to make the confort zone a little more inclusive.  The mix of genres looks really interesting with some that will be a snap for me to achieve (Cosy Mystery, Alternative History, Gothic) and others that will be a challenge (medical thriller fiction, romantic comedy).  I also like that there's some non-fiction on there.  Here's the full list of categories:

Categories

  1. Award Winning Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
  2. True Crime (Non Fiction) In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
  3. Romantic Comedy  Enchanted By Shanna Swendsen
  4. Alternate History Fiction 11/22/63 by Stephen King
  5. Graphic Novel Y: The Last Man
  6. Cosy Mystery Fiction Aunt Dimity and the Duke by Nancy Atherton
  7. Gothic Fiction  The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
  8. War/Military Fiction
  9. Anthology
  10. Medical Thriller Fiction The Surgeon
  11. Travel (Non Fiction)
  12. Published in 2014 Cress by Marissa Meyer
I will keep track of my progress in this post.  Here's to branching out in 2014!  Thanks to ShellyRae at Book'd Out for coming up with this lovely idea.  I look forward to branching out! 

NOTES-Possible Books by category

Categories

  1. Award Winning
  2. True Crime (Non Fiction)
  3. Romantic Comedy: Bridget Jones' Diary
  4. Alternate History Fiction
  5. Graphic Novel
  6. Cosy Mystery Fiction: Murder on St. Mark's Place
  7. Gothic Fiction: The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
  8. War/Military Fiction - Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
  9. Anthology
  10. Medical Thriller Fiction: The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen
  11. Travel (Non Fiction) - Wild by Cheryl Strayed
  12. Published in 2014

2 comments:

  1. That is indeed an eclectic reader challenge, and it looks like a lot of fun! I wish you luck, and I look forward to seeing which books you choose to fit the categories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you joining me for the Eclectic Reader Challenge, I look forward to seeing what you choose to read

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete